As I’m sure you’re well aware, today is the last day of July. Another month come and gone! But a new one is ahead, and it is still summer! There is still the possibility of cookouts, beach and pool days, boating, ice cream and all the other fun things this season holds, so don’t fear. In honor of this being the final day of one of my favorite months, I decided to be thankful for each of its 31 days I was gifted, and list some of my favorite memories from July 2014 (in no particular order). If you don’t know me personally, I did not provide much explanation for who the various named people are, but regardless, they are all near and dear to my heart!
1. Getting my blog up and running.
2. Having fun singing along at the Country 102.5 Street Party with Nick. Thought it was going to be a washout, but turned out to be beautiful just in time!
3. Catching the Manchester fireworks from Nicole’s front yard and going out for drinks afterwards.
4. All kinds of dinners: Weekly dinners at my grandma’s, “family” dinners with Nicole and Amanda (because best friends ARE family!), dinner at Camino Real with Nick (an amazing Colombian food restaurant in Allston), dinner with Meredith and Sean at Chili’s, dinner at Carraba’s with Kellie and Helen, dinner at La Careta with my mom, even a simple dinner at Chipotle with my dad. There are plenty more. If you can’t tell, I love food.
5. Trips to Salem and Newburyport with Shiloh, which I’ve written about on the blog.
6. Relaxing, reading and walking on Rye Beach with Nick.
7. The day I walked into what used to be my sweltering apartment after my dad was kind enough to go in using my spare key while I was at work and install an A/C.
8. Watching with Nick and the Clements as Billy won his race at Lee Speedway.
9. Opening what appeared to be a mystery box I received in the mail and realizing it held the pretty new business cards I had designed for myself.
10. Finally finding time to read new books! Currently reading “Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald”. I recommend it if you are interested in the whirlwind lives of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda, or are a fan of the Roaring 20’s era like me.
11. Starting a new job and meeting all of the fabulous people I get to work with.
12. Sitting in the hottub and making s’mores while watching 10 Things I Hate About You outside on the projector screen at Kellie’s.
13. Despite the mean park ranger and not feeling well towards the end, I did enjoy sitting around a campfire drinking beers with friends.
14. Discovering, through Amanda, the hilariousness that are the “Summer Heights High” and “Ja’mie: Private School Girl” shows.
15. Becoming a member of Workbar in Cambridge so I can have a fabulous, open workspace for my writing and network with others.
16. Another discovery, the $6 large mai tais at Brandy Pete’s on Franklin Street in Boston.
17. Family BBQs, grilling and swimming at my mother’s house.
18. Walks down Elm Street with Amanda to places like Ben & Jerry’s and the Farmers Market.
I’ll end with 18, because that is my favorite number. Life was good in July, and I look forward to a new month of new memories in August!